Thursday, April 28, 2016

Avocado Pit Smoothie

My friend @stilettotopedal sent me an article on the benefits of the Avocado Pit/Seed (here) .  Aside it being considered a #Superfood packed with the daily required dose of #fiber and #antioxidants (more than in the entire avocado!), there’s a laundry list of reasons on why we should consume them rather than pitch them.  Here’s a few:

-         - Reduce GI tract swelling
-         - Prevent/relieve constipation
-         - Contains cancer fighting antioxidant, Flavonol
-         - Strengthen immunities
-         - Rebuilds collagen under the skin (whaaaa? #yesplease)
-         - Reduces body aches






I made a post-yoga smoothie this morning to give it a try.  Here is what I included:





1 Avocado pit included
2 bananas (they were starting to turn, save the bananas!!)
Frozen Pineapple
1 Cube of Fresh Ginger
½ sliced Cucumber
Almond Butter
Coconut Milk

The results as you can see were a of a thick consistency smoothie that was rich and filling (and delicious).  It made enough so that I have my smoothie ready for tomorrow morning too.  J  



*I didn’t taste the seed…I think my #Vitamix does a good job of breaking it up.  If you don’t have a mixer like that, you can put the seed in a baggie and smash it before blending it in.

Let me know if you try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment