Monday, August 5, 2013

31 Weeks - this is happening a little fast, no?

It was a roller coaster week in pregnantville. My usual happy go lucky self felt at times like Violet in the movie Charlie's Chocolate Factory...ready to POP!  I have been pretty nonchalant about what I've been eating because I have never over done it and I felt my portions were a good size.  I quickly ruled out food because of that and also because the incredible amount of discomfort and even PAIN I was in.  I was absolutely miserable.  I couldn't touch my belly and quite frankly, neither could the waistband of my skirts, shorts or pants!  My initial thought was that it was just that "late" in the game where I would be big and miserable.  But oh my gosh...it was awful!  I could barely sit at my desk it was so bad.  This is my fourth baby and I don't recall this happening to me before.  I don't remember being this miserable at 7.5 months at all.  And all this discomfort and pain is after I was already home sick on Monday from what I would self-diagnose as dehydration and exhaustion!  Bleh!

I managed to consult Dr. Google after my husband noted that it was probably something that I ate to see if that REALLY can make you hurt the way this was making me.  ...and he was right.  I learned a lot about how Progesterone sloooooooows down your digestive track and gases can trapped in your body causing incredible pain.  Ahh!! What???  NOOOOOOO!!!  That was my first reaction.  My second reaction was...let's fix this NOW.  It took me a few days but I stocked up on all the "right" fuel and things that were not going to slow me down or blow me up for that matter.  

My husband, again, skeptical of what all I was throwing in the blender thought I'd be causing myself more harm than good.  He always wants me to call the doctor and run and see her (but I'm seeing her on Monday!) Anyway, my research paid off and now I can sit here and type without feeling like I'm going to explode.  Or cry.  I'm hoping that week is behind me because "ain't got time for that"! Haha!

Here's the wrap up on this yucky week.  

M sick :( - I'm guessing the road trip, water slides and being in the sun all weekend far outweighed the amount of water I took in and rest I needed.  I was less than stellar come Monday morning.  I was out of my comfort zone but got my rest in and my bed time, I had enough in me to get my 45 squats in for the squat challenge!

T Felt fine but had a social night off with friends and our big kids at a concert. :)

W THIS is the day.  It started great.  I went to Aerial Tone at lunch and went home to catch up on and practice on days 29, 30 & 31 of the Yogangsters yoga challenge to finalize the month of July.  While I was there and warmed up, I got my 50 squats in too. When I got back to work after lunch....that's when all hell broke loose.  So glad I got those workouts in BEFORE! By late evening, I decided that since yoga is mentioned so often as being something that helps alleviate my symptoms, I decided to go ahead and stand on my head.  Yea, I know. Call me crazy but you know what?  It worked so don't knock it til...I managed a few challenge poses and hoped that shaking my body up was what I needed.

Th A better day but was very paranoid about everything I consumed.  Swimming and yoga helped.  Honest.
1700M swim, 55 squats,1:15 plank, Day 2 Yoga Challenge - #Yogratitude
Had a great break through at swim that I had to share here!

F 60 squats

S 65 squats 1:07 plank swim 1600M
800wu (1st 50 w/o snorkel) HARD! :/
10 x 25 @ 3,5,6 
150 25 alt kick/pull
200 free
200 snorkel free!! (baby steps)

S 70 squats 1:30 plank
Yoga Days 1-4 Growsoulbeautiful Challenge
Day 4 Yogratitude and Day 4 30dayyogachallenge
Saw the Day 5 challenge in the evening and it scared me off but I thought I'd try regardless.  This is never good because I just don't let up until I at least get close.  I did and it's done. Next! :)

All in all, not a bad week all things considered.  32 weeks is here and a check up to see how little muffin is doing is just a few hours away.  I just read that I should be gaining a pound a week right about now going straight to the baby and just how much room that guy is going to start taking up causing things like shortness of breath and heartburn.  Lovely! No worries, here though.  I'll just be sure to pack up my bottle of Tums along with my smoothie and fiber cereal snacks!

Til next week!

~V

No comments:

Post a Comment