Wednesday, August 14, 2013

32 weeks - 8 months!

I'm 8 months pregnant.  That just blows my mind.  I can't believe it's gone by so fast and I can't believe it doesn't feel like it.  I miss my non-pregnant body and fitting into all my clothes but for the most part, I feel pretty darn good.

The schedule was a bit out of whack again but I managed to stay active all week.  The 30 day challenges admittedly are what keep me on track the most.  I don't want to fall behind so they motivate me to squat, plank and pose even in the last hour of the day.  And in many cases, they are my only exercise when I can't get a full blown workout in.

This is how the week went down:

M - 75 squats
T - 80 Squats and Yogratitude Yoga challenge pose for Day 6 & Day 5 Challenge pose for the #30dayyogachallenge - Had a late burst of energy and did P90X KenpoX DVD - great workout!
W - 85 squats w weights for arm exercises, 1:15 plank, Days 6 & 7 of 30Day Challange poses and Days 7 & 8 of Yogratitude challenge poses.
Th - Son's birthday dinner - still managed 90 squats and 1:15 plank before bed (and after ice cream!)
F - 95 squats, 1:15 plank, Days 8&9 of 30 day challenge poses and Days 9 & 10 of Yogratitude poses
S - 1600M Masters Swim (had to get at least one swim in!), 100 squats, day 10 30day challenge pose
S - 2mi walk, 105 squats, 1:30 plank and Day 11 Yogratitude and 30Day Challenge yoga pose

I realize that these updates are getting monotonous but they really motivate me to keep moving and stay active.  By keeping a running tally of what I do (or don't do), I can easily track my activity levels and compare them to how I feel.  The whole reason why I started this blog was to serve as a reminder to myself and to those who always ask, "how did you stay fit while pregnant" or "how did you get back into shape after baby?" It has become more and more apparent to me that people find it very easy to give someone grief for being in shape, however.

Just this Saturday, a fellow female swimmer actually splashed me when she learned I was 33 weeks along.   This very same person that I was sharing a lane with the entire time had no idea I was pregnant until I got out of the pool and the coach told her how far along I was.  She made a snarky comment about how it must be my first...and when learning that it was actually my fourth, proceeded to splash me and tell me that it wasn't fair.  Um.  Ok.  Granted, I have a longer torso and I'm taller than average so genetically, speaking, pregnancy "fits" me differently than most women.  HOWEVER, if you've read this blog for any number of posts, you would also know that I don't sit on my laurels either.  I put in the work so that I can reap the rewards.  Those rewards to me are feeling strong, building muscle, having energy, being healthy, feeling great about myself and giving me the confidence to know that post pregnancy, I will have the stamina to bounce back and manage both my job and growing family...not to mention that I am also setting a positive, healthy example for my family in making these choices a priority.

It's taken three days to for me to actually publish this post.  So many words I've wanted to say but have decided that less is more.  Do the right thing and everything rights itself.

Namaste and happy hump day (and birthday to my amazing husband and best friend!)

~V

No comments:

Post a Comment